CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Andrew S. Gray and Andrew S. Gray Photography/Andrew S. Gray Design must be made along with a link back to either this website (http://www.andrewsgray.com) or the photography store (http://photos.andrewsgray.com). E.g…
- Image licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License from Andrew S. Gray of Andrew S. Gray Photography. Or…
- Used with permission (c) Andrew S. Gray
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
SAMPLE ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
- Personal Blog Post on raising Cattle in Northumberland
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of Long Exposure Architectural photography on a community website
- Using an image as a desktop background on a personal computer monitor in a private location
LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Andrew S. Gray Design. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Type of Media – Web, print, etc.
- Length of Use – Single use, 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Use – Full page, 1/2 page, home page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
SAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home
- Internal business use. i.e. As part of a presentation.
The discovery of usage un-licensed will result in invoicing of £1000.00 which is payable within 7 days and offending image removed from any instances of use immediately. Failure to pay and adhere to requests will result in legal proceedings being started.